Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bringing New Life...


Fran&Dad_adusted5x7

...to Old Images

I started scanning and mildly restoring (or attempting to at least) some family photos.  I've decided to give the images a tad freshening but not a total restoration because to me the images lose all of their well earned character if we digitally erase the passage of time.  I'm sure a more skilled digital artist could redo these images to levels light years beyond my abilities, but that's not the point.  The point is to share family treasures.
So I am sharing these with you.

Above is my Dad as a child with my Grandma Fran and below is my maternal grandfather, Earl.  All three have moved on to a better place, but they will live on always in our memories.

Earl-Military_adjusted4X4.3


My heartfelt thanks to the photographers who originally captured these images for us to hold onto.


No comments:

Post a Comment